cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name misspelled on account on old Three system stopping me from getting a new phone upgrade

JMV83
Fledgling

Good morning,

I am writing this message as my name on my account is still not spelled
correctly, even though I did provide my passport when my original contract with Three was
signed and I have since asked to have the misspelling corrected, but
unfortunately this ended up not being done by Three's customer service team
at the time, even though I was guaranteed by them it would be sorted, so I didn't
think I would have to ask again.

I am trying to get a new phone and went to my local Three store and was
offered an upgrade, since my Samsung Galaxy S7 was damaged by overheating
and cannot be repaired. My application was not accepted because the computer apps say the spelling of my name on the account doesnt match my name on all of my forms of ID, which obviously is not my own fault but was actually a mistake done by a Three staff member who didn't type my name correctly.

Obviously the staff members at my local Three store in Liverpool can
clearly see it is me, as I match all the pictures on my driving license and
passport and have access to the email registered with my account since the
very beginning and the date of birth on my account matches all of my IDs and matches the one on the account, but they cannot override the error on their side so they asked me to submit my documents to proofs@3mail.com and promised me my account details would be updated within 24 hours and I could go back to the store with my order number and complete the process and get my new phone.

It's been 3 days since I submitted pictures and scans of my driving license, passport, former Three contract, signed tenancy agreements that match my address on my old Three contract and also matching my signature and full name and date of birth on every single document.

Can someone help me finally get this sorted?!

I have been with Three for 9 years and have been without a phone for more than a week, since my old one can't be repaired, and I would really appreciate it if this could be rectified so I can get a new phone and move on with my life. It's not my fault that the person who typed my details into your system misspelled my first name and did not include all of my surnames! I provided my accurate name in writing and my passport when I first joined.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JMV83,

I'm really sorry to hear about this mix up with your name on the account. The proofs mail that you were directed to should get this resolved, but I appreciate you've been waiting a long time with no phone, so I'll do my best to help get this process expedited.

I'll send you a private message to get you in touch with a team that should be able to help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.