cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare holiday courtesy of Three

My3
Fledgling

Anyone experienced problems using Three roaming Europe or Three roaming World.

I did

10 REPLIES 10
SarahC
Employee
Employee

Hey @My3 Oh no, I'm so sorry to read this 😣 We would only ever want to be a help on your holiday, not a hindrance.

Are you able to tell us a little more about the issues you faced?
Which country were you in when you were trying to use roaming?
Did you receive a text message from us when you arrived in your holiday destination?

We always ask that you give us as much information as possible so that we can try give you some guidance as promptly as we can. We have also dropped you a private message for the next time you log on.

SarahC

My3
Fledgling

Yes. Last time I was away I spent about 8 days out of my holiday online with your chat because I'd no Internet.  I'm actually at the same destination now and to avoid a repeat I bought a prepaid roaming data package sim card for £10. I was told to insert it prior to flying from the UK and you would text my new number. I'm on day 4 now and I haven't received email for 4 days. I keep getting texts saying you are charging me £2 a day so the data prepurchase is a waste of money. I want that refunded as soon as I get back or I'm leaving 3.

My3
Fledgling

Also I don't want to be charged £28  for my holiday as I'm here 14 days. I was told the sim at £10 would work. It hasn't and I've tried to contact you about it. So if I pay £28  plus the £10i already paid. I want the £10 back plus I'm only paying £10 from the £28. So you have to refund £38 .

My3
Fledgling

Sorry I kean from the total of £38 I should only pay £10

My3
Fledgling

Plus I've had no email since the arriving  which is a worry . I could be missing important emails and my Google has stopped working so I could lose valuable data .. and my photos on Google are not being copied . 

My3
Fledgling

The only guidance you gave in the 3 shop was to insert the sim just before leaving . I did that and immediately ran into problems with texts asking various things. I texted your help .. they gave no advice and I kept replying if you don't help me quickly well lose connection as the plane was leaving . They hadn't a clue to what I should do it made me very frustrated. I knew I needed to do something but they didn't explain anything . The flight left . 

My3
Fledgling

The text i got was about some sort of ssid code I was to enter.. 13 digits or something . I didn't know anything about that .. the sim was in the phone. I've  dual sim phone. It was hard to sort out .. or even take the sim out to see the number as I would have lost my connection with the help service . So again so poor service from 3. very annoying at start of a holiday again 

My3
Fledgling

Unless you can sort this quickly and improve your support I feel I've a duty to report this to a well known and popular  consumer  review magazine I belong to. People deserve better . So this needs prompt fixing. I don't want others to suffer like this . 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay in us spotting your posts. This sounds like it's been an exceptionally frustrating time for you the last few days. 

The Three Community is intended as a peer to peer support platform, and of course the moderation team will do what we can to give advice if a question is better answered by Three rather than another customer.

However, we won't be able to secure you credits or refunds from here, and the issues with activating your SIM will be best looked at with a team that can access the account.

In terms of investigating what fault or error you've faced, and to discuss whether a refund or credit on either account would be possible we'll need to direct you to the respective teams that have access to your PAYG and Pay Monthly accounts. 

I'll send a private message to your community account with advice on how to get further help and raise a complaint if you wish to do so.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here