cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number to existing PAYG SIM?

Peter426
Fledgling

I can find loads of info on porting numbers to new SIMs, but not to existing ones.

I've had a Three PAYG SIM for several years, and at the moment I'm using it as pure PAYG without any packs. I've kept it topped up, so there's a balance on the account.

Can I port the number from my ASDA SIM to this one?

And if so, will I lose the credit on the account?  

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Peter426,

Yes you can request to port in a number at any time to your Three account, whether to a PAYG or Pay Monthly, it's just the number that is replaced, there's a separate "account" in the background that keeps the history, and record of the balance safe.

The terminology online talks a lot about switching to Three, and joining Three, sorry if that's causing an impression that the Three account has to be new, I think that's more of an assumption that the vast majority of ports are done when joining, but it's by no means a requirement.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

1 REPLY 1
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Peter426,

Yes you can request to port in a number at any time to your Three account, whether to a PAYG or Pay Monthly, it's just the number that is replaced, there's a separate "account" in the background that keeps the history, and record of the balance safe.

The terminology online talks a lot about switching to Three, and joining Three, sorry if that's causing an impression that the Three account has to be new, I think that's more of an assumption that the vast majority of ports are done when joining, but it's by no means a requirement.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here