cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number from Three contract sim to Three PAYG sim

andysummerskill
Fledgling

Hi,

My Three contract came to an end a couple of years ago but I didn't move to a new contract because the benefits on any new contract didn't match those of the existing contract - GoRoam around the world in particularly. I've recently been informed that the old contract would be terminated and I'd be moved onto a very mediocre new contract.

Anyway, after shopping around I've found a Three PAYG deal that offers Go Roam Around the World for £10 a month if I chose autorenewal. I've bought the sim and now I'm trying to port my number over. However, when trying to do this at https://www.three.co.uk/support/switching/forms/pac-request-form

I get the error 'PAC' field is incorrect. So the question is: can I port a number from a Three contract sim to a Three PAYG sim? And if I can, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

5 REPLIES 5
MZone
Key player

As far as I’m aware you used to be able to do it and it took 4 weeks. However I have since heard that due to their system upgrades it’s not possible to do it internally now. I suggest you contact customer services and ask them. Worse case you would have to get a PAC code for the number you want to keep and port it to another network PAYG SIM. Then once ported you request another PAC code from the new network and then use that to transfer back to your 3 PAYG SIM. I did something similar but I was already on pay monthly with 3 and took a new number with 3 to get a better deal. I ported my number to a free GiffGaff SIM and then ported back to 3. 

Chris_10
Regular

Did you get any joy with this?  Im having exactly the same problem - unfortunately Im not at home to sort it so cant get a Sim sent to me as per the advice given in the response you received from MZONE below

Chris_10
Regular

I contacted Three via Twitter and was given a chat link to Glasgow.  Corresponded with a lovely lady called kate and the solution at present is to order a PAYG Sim card - Select your data pack Activate Sim by putting in your phone then recontact the Three helpdesk via Twitter and get them to manually change your number over onto the new sim card.  Bonkers but thats the current work around - Dont bother with 333 or Chat as they are useless and dont understand the issue.  USE TWITTER (X)

MZone
Key player

Bit of a faff but glad you got a resolution. 

Chris_10
Regular

Its took 2 weeks to transfer my number but its eventually been done - would have been easier leaving three and porting number to a new provider - but its sorted