cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with new registration system

Nangkham
Fledgling

I used to register with old email address which I no longer have access to.As your new system changed,I cannot log in to my account and having problems with topping up my bills

6 REPLIES 6
jacek
Fledgling

i have same. no longer acces to account.

rufusfrog
Fledgling

My old email account is not quite dead so I've managed to log in and I've just been on chat with them as suggested by this message: "To change your registered email address, or address details, please get in touch. We'll run through some quick security questions and update your info." which appears both on the website and in the app. They refused to update my info. I was told the only way to change the email address was to physically go to a Three Store (presumably with ID)! They wouldn't even put a note on my account that the email address they had recorded was almost defunct. I think this is a Disability Discrimination violation at the very least.

They kept saying it was for Security Reasons but I've managed to change my email address on numerous bank accounts today using 2-factor authentication. You wouldn't think Three needed to be more secure than a bank!

Edit: Weirdly, when I selected 'Manage Account Users' and 'Replace Contact', I was able to change from myself to myself - only changing the email address. It doesn't affect the login email but it may affect where they send correspondence???

Anyway, the answer is, take your phone and some ID and go to a Three store. (If you can. If you can't: tough.)

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rufusfrog,

We do need to pass security with a One Time Passcode either to your mobile or email if updating the email over chat or the 333 phone line.

We do totally appreciate that a Three store might not be accessible to everyone though, so we have another process in place to help ensure we're meeting any vulnerability or accessibility needs. As you've mentioned disability discrimination, I'd just like to check that we're supporting you as best we can. Do you need further help with this? Feel free to message me directly if you'd rather not do this on the public forum. You can do this from my profile page: @JonathanB 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Jake_F
Employee
Employee

If you visit a store with a valid form of photo I.D so a drivers licence or passport then they can update the email address on the account.

customer services should be able to also update it provided you pass their security checks first.

rufusfrog
Fledgling

That's not what they told me on the Chat Jake. Should I have phoned instead?

Jake_F
Employee
Employee

@rufusfrog @I’d definitely try and give them a call or chat to them again as provided you can pass security on the account they should be able to amend the email address for you.

If not then if you can visit a store with your I.D they will be able to get it sorted for you