cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating my phone number

mn90210
Fledgling

Hi, I had noticed recently my phone number has been deactivated. I have been using this number for more than 10 years. I need this phone number for all my daily communications and bank, GP, and work. Therefore I can't use this number for OTP or verification now.

I have been with Three Mobile for the last 7-8 years and my whole family of four are using Three Mobile as well. I called Three support services who were not that helpful.

I did not receive any message from Three Mobile that my number would be deactivated. Being a loyal customer for many years, I find it very difficult to not be able to use my mobile number for my daily activities. 

I would like my mobile number to be reactivated and I am willing to continue with Three Mobile. 

I would appreciate it if you could kindly reactivate the phone number as early as possible. 

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

If it's a PAYG number the t's&C's state that a chargeable event, a call or text, must be made every 180 days. If this does not happen then the number will be deactivated. Once deactivated it's gone. You can try customer services but it's unlikely you will have any luck.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Loyalty means nothing. It’s all in the terms and conditions and as sc1999 says it’s highly unlikely you’ll get your number back I’m afraid.

sc1999
Local celebrity

I wonder how many payg sims have been bought or given away and never registered, or not used for 180 days? At some point the networks will run out of numbers if they do not recycle them. Also, searching their systems on a daily basis to see which numbers are about to be deactivated and then texting that number would require a fair few resources. 10 years ago I changed my mother from PAYG to the cheapest contract I could find so she would not have to worry about making calls.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Agreed. It can’t be empathised enough that people need to be aware of the terms and conditions. It’s no good coming onto this forum after any unwelcome event and spouting the “I’ve been a loyal customer” syndrome. Three is a business at the end of the day and as you rightly said they don’t have the resources to pander after people’s failings and assumptions.