cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming to India: Three UK Contract Customer buy beyond contract minimum period?

Marcus3
Fledgling

Hi,

I have a Three Contract "SIM Unlim Data ULD Min 1M" -  I will soon be traveling to India and it is not clear from the Three Website / App what my Roaming status / charge will be? 

From: https://www.three.co.uk/support/roaming-and-calling-abroad/roaming-abroad it states: 

Roaming charges in Go Roam Around the World Extra destinations
Go Roam charges
If you joined or upgraded after October 2021, depending on your plan, you’ll have up to 56 Daily Roaming passes included in your plan annually. After this, we’ll charge £7 to unlock your call, text, and data allowance up to a 12GB fair usage limit for 24 hours in a Go Roam Around the World Extra destination.

How can I see if I have these "56 Daily Roaming Passes"?

Is it the case that if I have these and say I'm away in India for 10 days then I'll use 10 of these roaming passes with no additional cost? 

It really isn't clear from the website and I feel it is aimed to confuse you and force you to buy a "Go Roam Around the World pass" at £60

4 REPLIES 4
tarantella
Rising star

If you check in the Three app it will tell you what plan you are on.

If you find you are on a Lite Plan, it will cost £7 a day.

If you have a Value plan you'll get 28 days free, and if you're on a Complete plan you'll get 56 days of inclusive Go Roam.

Marcus3
Fledgling

The only thing it says regarding the plan I'm on is: "SIM Unlim Data ULD Min 1M"

tarantella
Rising star

Ok: perhaps check with Customer Services via Live Chat then, or by calling them on 333

MZone
Maestro

You can also check in the app if you have any roaming add ons loaded up and ready to use. You only get roaming passes included if your on a three your way plan value or complete as standard.