cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

JoR
Fledgling

I am currently on holiday in spain for 2 weeks and set a spend cap of £30 to cover the £2 a day roaming charge. Today my mobile data stopped working

When i spoke to an advisor online, they said it is because the spend cap includes your contract charge so i need to increase it. Is this correct. I didnt have this issue last time and it doesnt make sense as my contract charge is higher than the cap was anyway. Little concerned im being given the wrong information now as when i first did my spend cap, the adviser told me i only needed to set it to £30 to cover the £2  a day for 14 days i was away. 

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, according to the link below you are correct and customer services are wrong

https://www.three.co.uk/support/bills-and-contracts/your-monthly-plan-and-usage/spend-caps#:~:text=W....

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JoR,

Sorry for any misunderstanding there. Your Three account has a credit limit as well as the spend cap. The credit limit will take into account all charges including any outstanding bill, so that's most likely the limit that is being reached. 

You can't change your actual credit limit from My3 but if you ask the team to make sure your credit limit is at least £30 higher than your last bill, then that should sort this out.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.