cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working after upgrading

mfaulkner91
Fledgling

I received my new iPhone 16 pro yesterday and inserted my SIM (same SIM as before as advised by Three team) and I still have no service 36hrs later. I can only use my phone through wifi. Spoken to the Three team twice - both giving different advice. One promised that the Technical Team would have it fixed by 3pm today, then the next (after it wasn’t fixed) said that he was also sending to the Technical Team and that it might take 72hrs!!

has anyone else had this issue? 

6 REPLIES 6
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

That's not so good. Can you try your SIM in the old phone to see if it works in there? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

No it does not work in another phone. I have just sent you a private message - any help would be appreciated 

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @mfaulkner91 ,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with your SIM since upgrading.

Have you had any updates from the team since your last post? Was a replacement SIM offered to you, at all?

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

cat23
Fledgling

I would recommend Settings>General>Transfer & Reset>Reset all Network Settings. Then try applying Airplane Mode, wait 10 seconds and turn it off. (You will need to re-input WiFi code after resetting network settings)

Also in Settings>Mobile Service does it say the line is on? If not there has been an activation problem with the sim in the new device. 

Thank you - tried your advice and unfortunately still not working. So strange, as it does say the line is on! Guess I’ll just need to wait for a response from the Tech Team 😞

In the event of it’s impractical for you to go to a 3 store to get a sim swap. You could try converting your physical sim into an eSIM if that’s an option for you? Can do it in settings of Settings>Mobile Services. Scroll down & Convert to eSIM. I had to do this as my phone isnt recognising physical sims anymore. 

If eSIM isn’t practical and you can’t get to a 3 store, the tech team can post out a replacement sim with your current number 🙂