cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam email?

GE
Regular

I've received an email "confirming my order" but I haven't ordered anything. The address it was sent from is "noreply@mails.three.co.uk"

Can anyone confirm this is a genuine three email?

Thanks in advance.

Best solution
Best solution
GE
Regular

Three Chat and phone contact were both pretty useless but both said they couldn't see anything on order. DPD said they couldn't see any scheduled deliveries either. However my account does show a payg sim has been ordered and I'll see if anything arrives. I'm going to call into the local Three shop on Saturday as they said they could only help in store (It's a 52 mile round trip!). I've done a couple of thorough scans on my laptop and phnoe with nothing showing. Other than the postcode I never entered any other personal details so hopefully all will be ok.

Thanks again for your help.

View solution in conversation

8 REPLIES 8
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, GE. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

That looks like one of our emails. Some times we send out order confirmations when changes are made to your account as well, like if you changed an account setting or got an addon. Did you make any changes like that?

Pete.

GE
Regular

I am on payg and topped up this morning. I then noticed that a further top up had been made with "Self Service Kiosk" in the detail. I didn't understand this but did look around the Three app on my phone to see if there was anything else about it but couldn't find anything. I didn't tap anything or order anything (not even accidentally!). This was about 11.22 this morning. I had to go out so had to wait to get home to see what happened. Late afternoon I received this email with a DPD tracking link which I foolishly clicked on, though it did take me to the genuine DPD site.  I did contact Chat about the Kiosk top up and the email but they were a bit vague with phrases like "it seems to be confirmation" of the Kiosk top up so I'm still concerned it is a phishing email.The lady on Chat said she couldn't see any orders related to my account. Strangely enough the tracking link has also disappeared from the email message?

Paddiewack
Superstar

This is purely my opinion rather than fact but I think your most telling comment is ‘I didn’t order anything”. And yet you received an email confirmation of an order. Personally I’d always err on the side of caution with things like this and I’d treat it as dodgy unless proven otherwise. Contact DPD with your address details. If there’s no parcel for you then it’s dodgy and I’d suggest blocking the email address. You really can’t be too careful. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

That sounds odd. I have no idea why anything from a top up would cause a DPD tracking email to be sent out to you. I don't think these two things are related. 

Which email address did the DPD email come from? When you clicked the link and went to their website, did you enter any personal details? 

Pete.

GE
Regular

Thank you both for your replies.

When I contacted Three Chat I gave the order number that was in the email. She said it "seemed to be" confirmation of the Kiosk top up (that I never made - but the credit does show on my balance - that's another story!). She didn't seem very commital and I wasn't sure she knew. She did confirm there were no outstanding orders showing for my account. The original link in the email took me to https://track.dpd.co.uk/ where it asked me to enter the tracking code. I entered the order confirmation and postocode and it said it had no records (which was obvious as I realised it was a confirmation code not tracking ref - I'm really having a bad day today!). The DPD page seems legit. As I said, the strange thing is the link is no longer in the email. Looking at the email address supposedly from Three, it's the "@mails.three.co.uk" bit that would show anything iffy, mainly the "mails"bit. I haven't entered any other personal details, nor received any messages from DPD themselves.

Any ideas?

Paddiewack
Superstar

The trouble with PAYG on Three is when it comes to customer service,your only point of contact is via live chat which can be laborious. My gut feeling is you’re probably correct in saying the email is to do with the kiosk purchase but it’s just the DPD thing I can’t fathom. Personally I’d still contact DPD and perhaps do another top up via the same method to see what happens. But above all be watchful and I wish you good luck.

Best solution
GE
Regular

Three Chat and phone contact were both pretty useless but both said they couldn't see anything on order. DPD said they couldn't see any scheduled deliveries either. However my account does show a payg sim has been ordered and I'll see if anything arrives. I'm going to call into the local Three shop on Saturday as they said they could only help in store (It's a 52 mile round trip!). I've done a couple of thorough scans on my laptop and phnoe with nothing showing. Other than the postcode I never entered any other personal details so hopefully all will be ok.

Thanks again for your help.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Pleasure;glad you seem to have got to the bottom of it.