cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching PAYG plan

nightswimming
Regular

Hi, I am on the old PAYG plan and have just seen that the "New PAYG" has packs which are cheaper than the add- ons I currently use. Is there a way to switch plans, as the guy on the chat says I can only keep my number if I switch to a contract, which seems bizarre. Thanks!

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @nightswimming,

Sorry for any confusion with this. The two PAYG offers we have are on different systems and SIMs. Although customer services can't directly switch you over, it is possible to move between the two. If you get a new PAYG SIM, then request the PAC for your existing PAYG number, we can switch your existing number to the new PAYG SIM and plan. Here's a link to order a new PAYG SIM if you don't have one yet.

Hope this helps, 
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

7 REPLIES 7
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @nightswimming,

Sorry for any confusion with this. The two PAYG offers we have are on different systems and SIMs. Although customer services can't directly switch you over, it is possible to move between the two. If you get a new PAYG SIM, then request the PAC for your existing PAYG number, we can switch your existing number to the new PAYG SIM and plan. Here's a link to order a new PAYG SIM if you don't have one yet.

Hope this helps, 
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

nightswimming
Regular

Thank you Jonathan, I knew someone here would know a way!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

No worries @nightswimming,

Let me know if you need any more help with getting this sorted. 🙂

nightswimming
Regular

Just popping back to say this worked perfectly. Thanks again!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Cheers @nightswimming, thanks for popping back over to confirm this, it's much appreciated!

Wayne_Z
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB ,

I am also having an issue with switching over from my old PayG sim to the new PayG sim, I've followed the same steps and requested a PAC code to transfer my number via the Pay as you go Three app, however this has now said it has failed. My old number (and old sim) is now no longer working, but the new sim has not transferred the number over. Can you assist me on this please??

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wayne_Z,

I can't directly access PAYG accounts, have you been in touch with the PAYG chat team? They should either be able to resolve this or raise the issue with our porting teams if there's been an issue with your transfer. You should be able to reach them from the Three PAYG app, or our contact us page.

Let me know if they are able to help.

Thanks,
Jonathan