cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Pay

MrGamerside
Fledgling

Does anyone know when the 3rd party charges limit resets? To clarify this is the £240 limit set by The Payment Services Regulation 2017. Is it an automatic thing?

I upgraded to PAYM on the 21st July and my cycle runs from 29-28th so first bill is already paid. The 240 limit was reached on the 6th august and that is because between the 21st July and 6th August i racked up 240 outside allowances using three pay. A chunk of this was paid off on the first bill but i assumed as today is 21st August it would of reset. I see a lot of people saying it would reset on next bill cycle but if this was the case and the limit refreshed on 29th i have not accumulated 240 in charges yet. 

I removed and re-added Three pay to see if that would work but it didn't so any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello there.

This limit should refresh on the bill cycle as far as I know. If you haven't spent that much within the current bill period, I'm unsure why it would be stopping you. It might be worth checking in with the Support Team to find out what's stopping you from spending more. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

MrGamerside
Fledgling

Testing this out after bill cycle, it allowed me to do a new purchase of 40 pound however i recieved an sms to say id reached 80% of the 3rd party charges limit which leads me to believe that not only are you working with that restriction but also £240 worth of charges in any 30 day period. Its good to know, il avoid using this for 30 days and pay by cc, this way i can know for sure.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MrGamerside,

I had a look into the Regulatory Spend Caps, and this operates on a £40 per transaction, and £240 per calendar month basis. So this particular limit should be resetting on the 1st of every month. If you've just joined us for Pay Monthly, your first bill cycle will be slightly over a month though, usually 35-40 days, so I'm not sure if that's had any effect on this.

Please let us know if you run into any further issues with payments in September or beyond.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.