cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three staff tell me that I MUST use a gmail address (and no other) to log in using new system

MarvEllis
Active

As I've posted elsewhere I have experienced considerable problems re-registering my two Three numbers with the new system.

This afternoon I contacted Three again as I was still unable to login. The staff member (who gave me his name as Practik) told me that in order to re-register I must use only a gmail address (eg example@gmail.com) and no other domain except gmail.com. I found this quite extraordinary as I avoid using gmail and have used totally different email addresses before with Three.

So he forced me to generate a new gmail address to register my Three number. Yes, it worked, even though I dislike gmail and prefer not to ue it. I asked where the gmail only is documented by Three but he was unable to give me details.

Can someone please confirm this tale that Three apparently insist that customers now only use gmail addresses for communicating with Three. Unless someone confirms the gmail tale I consider the suggestion nonsense.

3 REPLIES 3
MarvEllis
Active

I have today formally reported the staff member who lied to me about only gmail addresses being accepted.  The Three complaints department accepted that I had been lied to and will take action accordingly.

Avondale
Rising star

@MarvEllis 

Please report the outcome on here as it is quite an interesting topic. 

MarvEllis
Active

@Avondale wrote:

@MarvEllis 

Please report the outcome on here as it is quite an interesting topic. 

To date there still isn't a full outcome yet. Three have accepted that the suggestion from the rogue staff member that only gmail addresses may be registered is nonsense. Speaking to someone in the complaints department they offered me a month's subscription rebate and agreed with me the rogue staff member should be spoken to and dealt with by his manager for his lie.
The result is that the unwanted gmail address (which I had been forced to generate for logging in) has been de-registered from my account. The bad news is that, due to the new system debacle, Three staff have been unable so far to fully register my correct email for logging into my account. Last week I was told by technical support that, although the correct email address had now been recorded for my account, unfortunately it would take the system up to a couple days to pass my email address fully though before I could log in. However, that failed to happen.
I spoke to another tech support person who then told me it will probably take another week for the fault to be corrected. So I was told I need to wait until next Saturday when they hope I'll be able to log in.
All this confirms what I have been saying: that the Three new system is a total shambles and their support staff do not know how it works.
Support staff also keep suggesting me that I should use their mobile App for logging on. However I won't do that as I far prefer to do a website login using a computer with a full-sized keyboard. I dislike logging in through a mobile phone due to the microscopic pretend keyboards they have which I find extremely difficult to use.
Over the years I have worked with hundreds of accounts with different companies logging on using their websites. Occasionally they may have a system change which required me to reset up my account login. In my experience such re-registering usually takes just a few minutes. However the Three debacle has already wasted about three weeks of my time. How much more time (weeks or even months) will Three take to finally get their registration system working properly when all other websites I've ever used only take a few minutes?