cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To change ownership and debit card of contracted sim

Sabith
Fledgling
  • Hey , I want to change the ownership and debit card linked with my 3 contract plan. The contract is in the name of my friend and i want to change that into mine.
11 REPLIES 11
LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hey @Sabith hope you are doing well!

For this to be possible you would need the account holder (your friend) to contact our customer services team via 333 and request for a 'Change of Ownership' into your name. It is a very easy process, and even easier if you are both together at the same time. They will ask a few simple questions and walk you through the process. They can also change the Direct Debit account during the same process for you too 🙂

If you want to change the Direct Debit by yourself; you can easily do this via the Three App in the billing section. Of course, get the account holders permission before doing this 🙂

Hope this helps you out!

Gurung91
Fledgling

Are you sure cause now it feels like 3 is on mission to scaming people, first one your staff says , its easy to change ownership later to your wife’s name , if you want another contract sime in you name and when i did tht and after months, when i call them to change one of number’s into my wife name as she needs for proof of address and other’s things BUT now they say I can’t do it .. itd impossible omg..looks like lot  of indian accent staff has been hired to scam people 

HallieHArman
Fledgling

This should be updated - currently Three cannot transfer an account

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sabith 

How did you get on with this? Were you able to follow Lee's advice to start the change of ownership?

Pop back and let us know - if it helped, you can accept Lee's answer as the solution to your query 😊

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Ibimalik
Fledgling

Ya I wana change the owner ship to my name and my debit card

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ibimalik,

The current account holder needs to get in touch with 333 as per @LeeT's response on this thread. If they give us a ring we'll be able to help get this all organised for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Stefania
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB ,

I was just in touch with 3 to change the ownership and they said that is impossible.

Thanks,Stefania

UIlaya01
Fledgling

Hello three. I took two contracts out undermy name and was paying for them. This was with the understanding that I could change the names and payment details back to my  brother and sister in law after a month. Its over a month, I have called severally to change these ownership with the option of upgrading. I was told that this is no longer possible. I am now stuck as will pay ridiculous amount to even cancel both sim only contracts to enable me get new contracts for my family members. Please advise me on how to proceed and resolve this ordeal. I've been with 3 for over 16years and this is not good experience.  Of I was told the truth from the start, I would have gone to other network to get the contracts. Looking to your reply. 

Garima
Fledgling

I am Garima Limbu . I am using this three sim . But this sim number is in the name of my friend . So I want to change to in my name and pay by my debit card also . Please