cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Data pack minutes/texts in USA

KAO17
Fledgling

Hi,

i purchased the 10gb data pack which comes with minutes and texts (while I was in the UK). Im currently in the US and although on my “allowances” it states ‘3000 go roam around the world minutes & ‘3000 go roam around the world texts’, I am unable to use them?

i have tried making phone calls and it says “insufficient funds” and text messages do not deliver.

Any idea why that is? Sounds like something isn’t quite right

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Rising star

To call or text a UK number, you'll need to replace the first 0 with +44. Failing that have a read of the info here. 

Hawks92
Fledgling

Three dreadful…I have had an ongoing issue trying to use my phone in the us for calls and data and bought several add ons and nothing works

chat support awful…I will have a conversation with them when back in uk and probably leave

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KAO17,

The "insufficient funds" message suggests that roaming is active, as your line would need to be checking in with the UK network to establish that you do or don't have credit. 

Just to clarify, were you trying to reach UK or US numbers? Go Roam allows you to call and text "as at home", so calls and texts to UK numbers are included. In order to contact local US numbers, you'd need additional PAYG credit topped up. You can find more info on Roaming rates here.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.