Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use threepay

Hannahbananalou
Fledgling

Hi there, i am unable to use my three pay. i have unlimited spend cap and whenever i am putting the verification codes in to confirm the purchase it is saying that i have reached my spending limit. the same with apple store too. i have never made a purchase and have recently discovered three pay and wanted to just add my netflix and other streaming services into it so i can pay it all in one, if that makes sense.as i said i have unlimited spend cap. i tried to limit to £100 to see if that would work... it didn't. any help? thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Paddiewack
Superstar

I used Three pay very recently by taking out a subscription for £12.99 which was fine but couldn’t use it at all after that as my credit limit was reached even though my account doesn’t have a limit and my actual Three mobile account was in credit by around £20. So this leads me to think there’s a separate spend limit for Three pay so would recommend you contact customer service.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hannahbananalou,

The regulatory limit which applies to Three Pay is £40 per transaction, and £240 per calendar month. This limit applies to all premium charge to bill services; Three Pay, shortcode texts, and premium phone numbers such as 084, 087, 09, and 118.

Assuming you haven't hit the regulatory limit, and your spend limit isn't relevant either, it may be your actual credit limit for the account which is stopping you. This 3rd limit is controlled by Three, so you won't be able to change this on My3 or the Three App, but customer services can check if you're eligible for an increase to this credit limit.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!