cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Charge

SWalsh
Regular

Has anyone else been charged randomly?

I have recently been charged £5.92 from my bank account by Three.

I have 3 numbers under my name with Three.
- My personal Sim only contract (£20.90 per month) DD made on the 27th
- My wife's phone phone and sim contract (£29 per month) DD made on the 7th
- My 5G Hub (currently £10 per month) DD made on the 16th

This £5.92 charge was taken on the 13th. It has the same reference on my banking app as all my other payments. But when I contact Three using the chat app they could not answer where it had come from.

Any advice?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @SWalsh

We'd best get this looked into in more detail. The only reason I'm aware of for a new payment appearing, and for such an odd amount, would be a pro-rata bill for a new line, or if the payment date was changed for an existing one.

If you haven't requested anything like this, then I can direct you to some colleagues that can help get this investigated. I'll send you a private message now.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Thanks for the post. I have just checked my bank account, just in case, but no odd payments to 3.

3Gcouk
Active

It might help if you head here https://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,vars...

and watch the video which explains where additional unexpected costs may come from.

If that fails it will need to be a finance query via Customer Services or even the Chat Bot.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @SWalsh

We'd best get this looked into in more detail. The only reason I'm aware of for a new payment appearing, and for such an odd amount, would be a pro-rata bill for a new line, or if the payment date was changed for an existing one.

If you haven't requested anything like this, then I can direct you to some colleagues that can help get this investigated. I'll send you a private message now.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

kashifkhan786
Fledgling

I have the same issue with an additional £20 charge . The only thing that has changed is I was due for an upgrade and if anything my sim only deal is £8 so I should be saving money not paying double .

kashifkhan786
Fledgling

this has now been resolved .^