cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Credit Checks

DMNLJ
Fledgling

So I have been with Three around 8-9 years, always had a handset and the Unlimited plan.

I went to upgrade today and then failed the credit check. Seems odd with the length of time I have been with Three.

seems to be a lot of users in the same predicament and unsure why this process is now needed, resulting in a loss of customers 

10 REPLIES 10
sc1999
Local celebrity

It seems that 3 always request a credit check for a new handset. People's circumstances change and phones can cost the wrong side of £1500.

Vhas
Fledgling

I've been with 3 for a few years. Multiple lines & handsets for family members on my account. Easy pay them £150 a month. Never been credit checked, apart from the first contract. This would be my 3rd upgrade, but I was declined. Credit score isn't amazing, but it's not much different from when I got my first handset. 

beachsea
Fledgling

Same 

I've been with 3 for more than 12  years. Multiple lines & handsets for family members on my account. Easy pay them £200 a month. Never been credit checked, apart from the first contract, but I was declined recently.Bills are always paid and DD always settled .

Experian account shows a bill that is not paid to three however 3 bill department has confirmed all my bills are paid 

No explanation or justification.Worst company 

Sharky0723
Fledgling

Its the new system now.. prior to the system upgrade they would pre approve the contract.. im in the same predicament unfortunately it is what it is.. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sharky0723,

I'm sorry if you weren't approved for an upgrade. It's not directly down to the system, but we are supplying a different type of device finance now. Three Your Way plans with devices involve a 0% APR loan, and so we can't guarantee pre-approval with this as we must complete credit and affordability checks.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

beachsea
Fledgling

staff can’t help 

J-P
Fledgling

I'd sail through a credit check but the fact they're getting £200 - £400 off me a month and have done for years and are now treating me like a new customer is pretty insulting so all my contracts are being cancelled asap

JNort02
Fledgling

Three is the most shoddy company I think I’ve ever known.. tried to upgrade multiple times every day this week, passed the credit checks everytime, but there was always an error right at the end of the process when trying to pay for the delivery charge (for the new phone) I call today and am told I can use any card to pay the delivery, I go through the entire process one more time for them to tell me I’ve failed the credit checks despite passing them multiple times this week already.. what an absolute shambles.. I’ll be leaving three and they can sing for their final bill because I shall not be paying it.. joke

Pags
Fledgling

Yep, I've been with three for 14 years.. so 7 handsets are paid for and contract completed. Tried to upgrade today and failed the credit check so have had to move to a different network. Very disappointed as I'd have stayed with three forever having not had this issue.