cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my top-up credit disappeared? Who do I contact to query this?

CarterUSM
Fledgling

Hi

I have a pay as you go SIM card. On two recent occasions, I have topped up (the first time with £10, and just a couple of days ago with £5).

Soon after the first top-up, I made a call to a Croatian number (we were in Zagreb at the time). Otherwise, at all times I only ever used free wifi; data roaming has been turned off at all times. 

So on both occasions I was rather peturbed when I discovered that my account balance had reduced to zero. My first thought was that this had occurred, because my phone settings had enabled me to access the internet through my mobile network. However, my settings also confirmed that I'd set all apps on my phone to be accessible through wifi, rather than using mobile data. So how could my top-ups seemingly been swallowed up for no apparent reason? Does internet usage automatically use data first by default, rather than wifi?

Presumably this issue would not have arisen if I had adjusted my phone settings to prevent internet access via the network, enabling access through free wifi only? If someone could confirm this point, I'd be grateful.

Also - I'd like to find out if Three do itemised breakdowns of data usage (i.e. daily, by internet use/phone use, and displaying the cost of each transaction) for PAYG customers such as myself. I would rather contact them by email, so I can receive clear and concise answers, rather than having to make a phone call or use the chat facility. Does anyone have an email address for this purpose?

Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

1 REPLY 1
JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @CarterUSM 

That's really frustrating. 

We don't provide itemised breakdowns for PAYG accounts. The team can go back and check chargeable events for the times you were travelling. 

I appreciate you'd prefer to deal with this over email, but PAYG doesn't have this option. You can find all the relevant contact info here: Pay As You Go support | Support | Three

They will be happy to help get this looked into for you.

Thanks

John D