cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i merge 3 and 14 day go roam?

wired2thebrink
Fledgling

Hello, i'm travelling to Poland from the UK  soon

we are driving through France,Belgium, Netherlands,Germany and Poland.

The total trip is 17days 

I have a pay monthly sim that was purchased before the introduction of  inclusive go roam days.(i'm not looking to change sim until blackfriday deals)

I can see that i can buy a 14day Europe go roam pass and a 3 day Europe go roam pass. a total of £29

To cover my trip do i buy both at the same time? or do i have to buy one, wait for it to almost expire and then buy the other ? I'm concerned if i buy both at same time you system wont count them as additive as in 17days.

Further is there any issue using this while travelling through multiple countries/timezones?

I assume the usage starts when it detects its outside the UK network ?

it take it GPS services/charges are also included in the form of data usage ?

If people call me from UK they still get charged international but i dont ? and vice versa?

regards

Alan

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Maestro

Have a look at the roaming guide and FAQs here. I’m pretty sure you can stack the go roam passes. As soon as you use any of your allowance whilst abroad it will activate the pass. Remember there is a 12Gb fair use policy for data roaming.  

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

That's right. And just to cover the other questions

• No issues with going to multiple destinations, as long as they're all showing as Go Roam in Europe on our Destination checker. There's separate add ons and daily rates for "Go Roam Around The World", and Go Roam Around The World extra" destinations.
  • Yes the add on will activate when you make a call, send a text, or use some roaming data outside the UK
  • GPS satellite services aren't operated by cellular networks, but if you mean can you use this for navigation Apps then yes your Go Roam data can connect to local networks to download map data, and help approximate your position.
  • And no someone calling you from the UK is still calling a UK phone number, so they actually pay their normal rate for this too, and receiving a call abroad doesn't actually trigger a pass to be used.

Hope this helps!
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.