cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM - are they here or are they not?

isn2011
Regular

So some of you may know Three launched new plans yesterday and along with them finally came the ability to choose eSIM and with great joy I headed over to the SIM replacement page to be told for an eSIM to contact customer service - so that's what I have done to be told nope eSIMs aren't yet available and are only available on Apple Watches so please can someone tell me firstly if they had any joy getting an eSIM since 30th Jan and secondly if this information is correct?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @isn2011,

We've now launched eSIMs for compatible handsets and tablets, as well as SIMO plans, but these are currently only available to Pay Monthly customers on our new Three Your Way plans. Existing customers will have the opportunity to get an eSIM when we roll this out across our other plans, later this year.

Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

14 REPLIES 14
Clever-Trevor
Involved

I cannot see any details of esim options ( for existing customers / is only an option with a new phone order!  ) at three website or in the three app - like you - hopefully some news soon for existing loyal customers !!!!.... 

vg0
Regular

Spoke to 3 people today, 2 on live chat, 1 on phone, all said its not yet available and launching later 2023.

One of them told me to go to a store to pick up an esim, not sure about that as the website says its not available in store.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @isn2011,

We've now launched eSIMs for compatible handsets and tablets, as well as SIMO plans, but these are currently only available to Pay Monthly customers on our new Three Your Way plans. Existing customers will have the opportunity to get an eSIM when we roll this out across our other plans, later this year.

Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

isn2011
Regular

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for clearing that up - hopefully it won't be too much longer now before eSIMs arrive for the rest of us then!

Thanks

Peter_L
Active

The loyal customers should be the first onces to get eSIM and not the new once. Loyal customers were waiting for eSIM years so this is an absolute joke that we have to wait for this even longer! 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Peter_L,

Our Three Your Way plans work on a brand new platform that future proofs choice and flexibility for all customers. This new technology, at present is not compatible with our existing handset and SIM plans. However, we're working hard to move all existing customers to these plans during the course of this year.

Jonathan

Peter_L
Active

Hi JonathanB, I appreciate your response and help. I still don’t think that that’s fair to old customers but it is only my opinion.

How is this migration to new Three Your Way plans (for old customers) going to work? Is Three going to do this without us noticing anything or will we have to migrate to new Three Your Way plans? Thank you.

garetc
Involved

@JonathanB what does that mean for customers at the end of their minimum term? My line is up in April, as an existing customer if I 'upgrade' or recontract will I be moved to the new system? If I take no action how long is 'later' this year? eSIM was supposed to be launched quite some time ago, throughout the past 2 years we've heard 'coming soon' or 'later this year'

It's a poor option but as I understand it a user can contract to a new line that will be on the new system which will give them an eSIM, request a PAC on the new line, and 'port' the number over as long as they're at the end of their minimum term.

Peter_L
Active

So the customers who are just at the beginning of their two year contracts will have to wait 24 months to get eSIM? Until the end of their contracts? I hope this won’t be the case! 😮