cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monthly contract cancellation

Millie
Fledgling

Hello, I am permanently leaving the UK at the end of the year.

I was on a 2 year contract that ended earlier this month. I called customer services asking to have my SIM turned into PAYG, so I can just pay for the data/text I need while I establish myself in my new country and then I'll deactivate the number.

Instead I found myself on a new 24 months contract.

I am sure I repeated I wanted PAYG multiple times, but misunderstandings happen. I called again asking for the new contract to be cancelled and for my phone to be PAYG from January. I hope I was clear enough this time, but I am worried because I didn't receive any written confirmation of the changes. How do I find out if the new mistaken contract has been cancelled?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Millie. 

Oh, it sounds like the adviser you spoke to originally didn't understand what your request was. That's not ideal. I'm glad to hear you noticed it and were able to get back in touch to stop it. 

Confirmation of the changes is something the agent on the phone should have confirmed with you when you spoke to them again to get the issue corrected. We don't send out written confirmation of the cancellation until after the contract is actually cancelled and changed to Pay as You Go. 

You should be able to see that the newly taken contract has been reverted though, this should be visible within My3. If the change was made within the last 48 hours, it might not have updated yet though. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.