cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home Hub just delivered, no internet (red light)

Greeple79
Fledgling

Hi, just got my hub today, popped the sim in and plugged it in but the Internet LED is red. I spoke to Three who said this is normal and i need to wait between 4 and 24 hours before it will work.

Is this normal? It literally says on the packaging that Your seconds away from getting online with your new 5G hub!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just posted about this myself. My router was delivered this morning too and also stuck with the red globe. Called the customer service number 3 times but no one is picking up

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Should work straight out of the box. Mine did.

Put the SIM in a phone first to if it's a SIM problem. If not, then put back in the router and try again. More likely a bad router that needs replacing.

Dazzar
Established

Turn off router take sim out power back on , reset , power off put sim in and restart if not check sim is registered as they sent me one that was not

Greeple79
Fledgling

Just so folk know, the Hub did indeed start working approx 7 hours after setting it up so if anyone else has this issue just try play the waiting game. I do think though that if this is common then it should surely say so in the packaging somewhere. 

moods
Active

I had the same problem but it was because the sim wasn't inserted properly.