cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g home broadband coverage checker

doc1964
Active

Can someone explain how the 5g home broadband coverage checker is updated.

I have tested 5g home broadband in my house for past 2 weeks, download speeds range from 600 meg when beside mc 801a router to about 300 meg when downstairs, this also shows location of router to be excellent to receive 5g.

Upload speeds average about 80 meg.

Coverage checker states 5g not available and only offers 4g deals online.

Daughters house which is 0.1 miles away from us, 2 streets away, is offered 5g  home broadband deals online when coverage checker is used.

I have read and understand all of the other replies here about how the coverage checker for home broadband can give a different result to those for mobile data and also how congestion etc. will be taken into account.

Is there anyway of getting the coverage checker to more accurately reflect real life results and allow more people to sign up where congestion is not an issue.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
sc1999
Local celebrity

As you may have read 3 cover a whole postcode for their checker while OFCOM allow you select an individual address. Beyond that do not know if three select the central-most property, the average, line from nearest tower or guesswork. No idea how often they update. It is possible that they know more than they are letting on. Once they have 5g I assume that there are a range of reliability tests and sales will have some projections of demand. Demand will be limited by bandwidth and number of allowed connections. Once one or the other is close to demand then the 5g offering will be unavailable to new customers. 

A recent post complained of great coverage dropping to not enough at 6pm. I left EE as I had 100meg at 6am and 1meg at 10am as too many people were working from home. 

I am sure you would prefer to be one of those for whom 3 get it right so be patient and register your interest.