cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g hub/Sky

dc52ltr
Regular

Hi, newbie here. I've taken a shot and got the 5g hub and so far as a standalone it's brilliant, upping my up speeds to around 450mbps from 13 and down from 6 to around 30mbps..no probs. I've got a full Sky Q system at present, Q box and 3 mini boxes and a couple of queries. What's the best way to connect the hub to my Sky Q box? Also, I have a TPLink vr2800 modem router... Would it be possible to use this as an access point to get better signal around my old thick walled house? Thanks for your help in advance, David. 

Best solution
Best solution
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Looks like the Sky Q box has Wi-Fi and ethernet connections. I guess it depends on how far the Three router is? You can try Wi-Fi first to see if stable and quick enough. If not, use ethernet with powerline adapters.

This video shows how to turn the TP-Link router into an AP. May also need powerline adapters.

Download for Archer VR2800 | TP-Link

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
Best solution
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Looks like the Sky Q box has Wi-Fi and ethernet connections. I guess it depends on how far the Three router is? You can try Wi-Fi first to see if stable and quick enough. If not, use ethernet with powerline adapters.

This video shows how to turn the TP-Link router into an AP. May also need powerline adapters.

Download for Archer VR2800 | TP-Link

dc52ltr
Regular

Thanks for your help, I'll try that tomorrow and report back... 👍🏻

dc52ltr
Regular

Screenshot_20230423-105600~2.png

Screenshot_20230423-105617~2.png

2nd option on the TPLink video worked fine and I now have superb coverage throughout my home. Quite surprising the speed difference between 2.4 and 5g bands but massively pleased. Will leave connecting to Sky Q til a later date. Thanks for your excellent help, very much appreciated. 

dc52ltr
Regular

Sorry, replied to my own post... Brilliant help, thank you👍🏻

Janinen
Fledgling

I am having similar issues since yesterday my sky q mini box just won’t connect to my 5G hub broadband I keep getting error messages saying it doesn’t have a network connection and error MR001 doesn’t anyone know what I can do to fix this?