cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Router Settings - 192.168.0.1 refused to connect

Simoneale73
Fledgling

I recently upgraded from BT's Cellular Broadband to Three, as I've been with Three on my Phone for over 10 years, and it was nearly £50 a month cheaper (which is nice)

I've found the signal to be stable, and the Download/Upload speeds steady (and faster than BT). However I have had to add some Bunny Ear antenna to improve the WiFi in one of the front bedrooms (Nest Speaker and Bulb were intermittent, but now rock solid!!)

However, I recently came across a problem, in that I can no longer access the ZET router's Settings through the 192.168.0.1 IP address I get a 'refused to connect' error. (below)

Screenshot 2023-11-02 180013.png

I've tried rebooting the router, which worked initially, but now won't. Plus I had to assign my computer a static IP so Jellyfin would work on my Chromecast after the reboot (managed this before the constant error message). I've tried different Browsers and different Devices, Playing with the Firewall, Turning my VPN off, and even Turning the Anti-Virus (Avast ONE) off. But I still get the Error/Blank Page on my browser!

How can I sort this error? I'd like to be able to access the settings, so I can download the QR codes for my various networks! and maybe do some maintenance from time to time!

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Simoneale73,

This sounds really frustrating. There's a ZTE app so it may be worth checking if this gives you the same results. Or most router models have a factory reset pinhole that can be used if you're unable  to access the UI.

Have you tried contacting the Broadband team?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Simoneale73
Fledgling

Didn't really want to reset the Router, I've got all my Google Home devices connected to it, and it'd be a ball-ache to reconnect them all again ☹️

Might have a look into the App! does it work with the 4G Router? or is it a 5G Router thing??

The Team was my next place to try!

Cheers! 😊

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Simoneale73,

To my knowledge the ZTE app works with all their routers 4 and 5G, but it's their app so I can't be certain.

Totally get where you're coming from in terms of having to set your network up again. Although, if the SSID and password are the same after you're done updating settings, your previous devices ought to connect back without going through them again individually.

Also may be worth trying to connect with a laptop or PC using an Ethernet to the router, if the app doesn't work out, and you really don't want to try the factory reset.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.