cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy customer with 3

dref
Fledgling

After being with virgin media for a long time I decided to change internet provider. I went for 3 monthly home broadband 5G hub , because I wasn’t sure how it will work for me .

To my surprise everything worked perfect, so I decided to go for 24 months contract,

I cancelled my monthly contract with in the 14 days,

I received the royal mail bag within 5 days . Then I sent the 5G hub back and received the email confirmation the 5G hub received all sorted.

I ordered the 24 months contract 5G hub I accidentally ordered 2 I called three and they cancelled 1 of my contract and asked me if I want royal mail bag or dpd label I requested the dpd label

I sent it off and a couple of weeks later I received an email that the device have received so no problem at all.

I had a problem with the logging in my account because multiple accounts with the same email

I phoned 3 and I gave them different email on my account and then I was able to log in my account

On the 5G hub I was getting 3 bars on LTE and 1 bar on 5G everything was working fine , I decided to ordered 4 antenna 4G TS9 the antenna worked on 4G and 5G the antenna improve the signal strength to full the download speed went up to 771.85 mbps and upload 71.18 mbps

My advice would be if anybody is having a problem with the signal please try the antennas,

I’m a very happy customer with 3 it’s very cheap and fast home broadband and mobile phone.

8 REPLIES 8
sc1999
Local celebrity

Nice to hear from someone who is happy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure the initial poster is legit. 

Everything works fine initially but around 8 wks the service goes pairshaped. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Does not mean he is not legit. Either most people who have 3 broadband are happy or 3 have only sold to 50 customers, 49 of whom are unhappy and posting on the community.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Very fair point @sc1999. We've got about 10 million customers approximately. So about 0.1% have registered for the community so far.

We really appreciate all the feedback we receive here, but no individual thread on here is necessarily representative of everyone's experience. I would assume from independent figures like speedtest.net awards we keep earning that we're generally giving quite good data service though.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're deluded 

Three service is shocking. I've been working from home today and I've had to tether from my Vodaphone connection on my mobile. Continuous drop outs today and no service at all for hours. 

I wouldn't recommend Three to an enemy. Just hope I can get by until 18th October when I get another isp. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

I am not about to defend 3 but us community members only represent a small fraction of 3's customer base. Very few people post here with good experiences to report. Unlike O2, who offer incentives to community members to contribute the good, bad and ugly, 3 do very little to promote community spirit. Then again 3 were very late to the community party. 

On the odd occasion people,  myself included, have tried to start a thread which goes off topic there is almost zero response.  Also take a look at the number of posts that only get one reply and the poster never comes back and accepts the solution or reports what was done. If more people had the courtesy to post a thanks it mat encourage more to contribute. 

Perhaps 3 could offer prizes for the week's best rant and best positive post.

I hope the provider you move to offers 100% reliability.  I use BT fttp and get 100% reliability. 

Millgid
Fledgling

Dref, if you don't mind me asking... Where did you buy the antennas from?

dref
Fledgling

I bought the antennas from eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285370798583