cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Broadband speed issues

neil43641
Regular

Hello. I have 3 Home Broadband using the ZTE 5G router. I usually have no issues but I have a slow download speed of around 4mbps (normally 200+mbps) and an upload of around 70mbps which I thought is very unusual. These results have been maintained for over 24 hours. Technical say there isn't a network problem and want to send a new SIM card.

My mobile is on Three and when using 5G it exhibits exactly the same issues as my home broadband. That seems to suggest it is a network issue.

All usual stuff tried, switch off and back on again, reset ZTE router.

Any ideas? Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
MZone
Superstar

Put your postcode in the Network Status Checker to see if there is any issues affecting your area. You can also call 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 again to discuss your issue with tech support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately Three customer service always think sending a new SIM card will a) work miracles and b) get you off their back. It’s clearly not a sim issue as your phone is behaving in the same manner so MZone’s advice is good and as you go through via 333 the system will do an additional technical check on your broadband which will be available to the person who answers when your call. 

neil43641
Regular

Thank you. My post code S63 6JT shows no issues on the network checker and tech support on chat says the same. I will try 333 and see what they say. Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pleasure! Best of luck. I would also edit out your postcode if I were you,just to be on the safe side.🤞

LilyRobinson08
Fledgling

Exact same issue here. Three claiming no network problems though. But it is both home broadband, my phone, my iPad and my roommates phone affected. All with Three.

LilyRobinson08
Fledgling

For reference my postcode is S8 8EE

LilyRobinson08
Fledgling

My Mum also says Stocksbridge (S36) is having issues.