cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home broadband stopped working

mb
Fledgling

I've been using Three home 4G broadband for about 4 months now and its been a pretty good experience.  It was made even better when I invested in a Poynting external antenna and had it installed...  was getting 160mbps

Unfortunately last Monday the service has basically stopped working with a typical download speed of 0.05mbps so basically unusable.

I tried calling customer service to find out what is happening and when it will be fixed.  I need it as I work from home and my children need it to do their homework etc etc.  Despite maybe a dozen very frustrating calls the only information I can get is that I will get an update in 7 days - every time you ring up in the hope for an update you get the same scripted response - another 7 days.

Called today (its been 7 days since my first call) and the reply I got today was that I need to give it another day and I will get an update!

The situation is hopeless - I'm wondering if anyone has the email address of a director at Three so I can make them aware of the terrible customer service they are giving?  The complete lack of information is unwillingness to escalate the issue is incredible - they just don't care!

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi mb,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been without broadband service this past week, and that you couldn't get any further info on what was causing the disruption. I'm sending you a PM now with information on how you can get further help with this.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ajwid01
Active

Hi,

I am in the same boat. Unusable service. It's likely they are "working on masts in your area" (to improve the great service); but just happen to have switched off any that can properly service YOU.

With a HOME Broadband service: they could reasonably know that their mast work is going to significantly affect you; but they won't let you know. Neither do they seem to have any kind of reasonably "Project Management"; whereby they can tell you ETAs for anything.

I've been with <1 MB/s for 5 days now. The "network status" thing on their website doesn't even work... it seems to have issues!  ( I am guessing they are annoying countless customers at once, and we are ALL clicking on this network thing, to struggle to get information as to when we might reasonably get back online!!)

They employ the super-nice telephone people, who it is difficult to get angry with - as it's not their fault.
There is nowhere to escalate it. Nowhere to formally complain (otherwise I would have written some stern and scathing letters already.)  I think this is by design.

I am a very unhappy customer right now, and will likely cancel my 3x contracts with them as soon as reasonably possible. ( They have already told me I cancel the 5G Home Broadband, as it's not fit for purpose, as they don't have the bandwidth to make it stable/reliable for everyone.)

T.

Gavlar85
Fledgling

Sorry to jump on an old thread but did you ever resolve this? I'm having the exact issue you had.