cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Address Constantly Changing Every Few Minutes - Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2

swvw
Fledgling

I'm using the Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 for my home broadband, but recently my IP address is changing every few minutes.

This makes it impossible to do things like logging into secure websites such as banking, as it deems me as a security threat.

I've tried to login to the router settings and change the APN (as suggested here), but I don't appear to have that option in my settings (see the image below)

I understand I don't have a fixed IP, although this would be ideal, but it used to change weekly, and now it's happening every few minutes.

Router Problem 

5 REPLIES 5
andyvee
Active

I'm seeing the same on a NR5103E if IPv6 and IPv4 are enabled on the APN. Manually set the APN to IPv4 only and all is well.

swvw
Fledgling

I'm not able to set any APN or IPv4 / IPv6 settings - I don't have the option which appears in other solutions frustratingly!

andyvee
Active

Are you on an up to date router firmware as Huawei routers should have an option to set an APN on the internet connection.

swvw
Fledgling

Yep, just double checked and it's all up to date.

There's just no option to add a new profile in anywhere

swvw
Fledgling

I managed to view my router information by using https://hirouter.net/api/dialup/profiles - and by the looks of it, the APN is set to 3internet, and there is no IPv6 info setup (which I assume means it is IPv4 only) - so back to square one in terms of what might be causing the issue