cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate errors accessing certain web sites

W3SG
Fledgling

Hi

I've just purchased a new 3 5G hub (ZTE).  When I try to access certain web sites I get an error along the lines of Safari couldn't establish a connection, or certificate error or similar.  At first I thought it was because the content filter was on but as far as I can tell this is off on my account (don't know if there is one on the hub as well ??).  The error is along the lines of "The server <name> did not accept the certificate (NSURLErrorDomain:-1,205)

Bizarrely the issues only seem to occur on my iMac or MacBook - accessing the same sites on my iPhone or iPad work perfectly

Any thoughts or suggestions ?

3 REPLIES 3
KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, welcome to the Three Community. 

Hmm, that is odd. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing these issues.

Could you try accessing this on a different browser when using the iMac or Macbook, please? I'd also suggest clearing your browser data on Safari.

Please let me know how you get on and if no success, I'll look into this further. Feel free to attach a screenshot of the error message you're receiving also.

Thanks,

Kate

W3SG
Fledgling

Hi Kate 

I’ve tried Firefox on the Mac and rather than showing the error like Safari it takes me to a Three web page saying adult content filter is on but I have switched this off in the My3 app and also on the My3 web page. However I have read adult content filters on home broad band have to be changed some other way ??

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @W3SG,

Very odd that this is specifically happening on the Macs but not your other devices, but I'd recommend to contact the Broadband team. They can check and make sure that the adult filters have definitely been lifted on your account, then it ought to just be a case of rebooting the router.

Please let us know if they get this sorted out for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.