cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiFi can’t be detected by iPhone anymore

JoshuaK
Regular

MiFi has just stopped being discoverable by my PC and iPhone the router signal can not be found. There was 4 Blue lights lit up now there’s only 3 the light under the envelope icon doesn’t come on anymore I’ve tried resetting it re inserting the sim and the battery is fully charged no idea what’s happened 

Best solution
Best solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go into the settings menu. I’ll bet a pint on the network being set to hidden. Reverse that  and your devices should discover it again.

View solution in conversation

12 REPLIES 12
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

It sounds like the antenna or radio in the router might have failed. 

What kind of hub do you have? When did you get it, and did you get it on contract? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Anon
Fledgling

It's the TCL branded pocket battery powered router that's currently available on the three website. Rang customer service, they tried changing from Iv6 to Iv4 I believe, but no change in the network being visible. 

Originally they wanted to pass us onto the manufacturer tomorrow to investigate but we told them that the device is obviously faulty now, having tried every thing to reset or correct the non showing WiFi, so they agreed to send out a new router and we return the old one.

It's about 5 months old, on contract, our main source for internet data as live in a rural area. 

The router often loses signal or just stops loading data when still showing 4G signal and needs restarting probably every 2-3 days

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hopefully the replacement will last much longer than the first one. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.