cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiFi can’t be detected by iPhone anymore

JoshuaK
Regular

MiFi has just stopped being discoverable by my PC and iPhone the router signal can not be found. There was 4 Blue lights lit up now there’s only 3 the light under the envelope icon doesn’t come on anymore I’ve tried resetting it re inserting the sim and the battery is fully charged no idea what’s happened 

Best solution
Best solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go into the settings menu. I’ll bet a pint on the network being set to hidden. Reverse that  and your devices should discover it again.

View solution in conversation

12 REPLIES 12
JoshuaK
Regular
  • Any ideas???
MZone
Superstar

No sorry. Call 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 again to discuss your issue with tech support.

Best solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go into the settings menu. I’ll bet a pint on the network being set to hidden. Reverse that  and your devices should discover it again.

JoshuaK
Regular

Legend ..: I owe you a pint….. ordered a new device before I seen this but your were correct 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stella please lol. Just glad you’re sorted! I’ve got a MiFi myself so I knew I was on the money. 

Good Luck

Kevin3
Fledgling

How do I get on the settings ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Underneath the battery is a web page identifier starting with 192. etc. When connected to the MiFi open your web browser and enter that sequence of numbers and dots into the search bar at the top of the page. When you’re on the settings page sign in using the password displayed on the same label as the web (192) page. Or depending on the make of MiFi there may be an app for it available via the App Store (or google play) which may make access to the settings easier.

Anon
Fledgling

Our mifi is now not visible to any of our devices suddenly. So how would I log in to the 192. . address when no device can connect to it wirelessly?

Anon
Fledgling

Ok, connected by USB to laptop and got into the 192 settings. Nothing has been changed here. Ssid network is visible, have done a factory reset in the options, a restart, tried enabling a guest network which doesn't appear on any devices, tried switching from 2.4ghz to 5ghz to switching off and on the wireless. Nothing helps or makes the WiFi visible

With usb connected into the laptop the laptop can access the Internet no problems, it's the WiFi network side of things which is not showing up on any devices