cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mifi ran out of data but app says not…

rb
Regular

Hi

Recently got a Three PAYG sim for use in Mifi device. Got a 10gb plan to test it out - worked well.

Now the devices attached to it say the data has run out (not unexpected) but the app and online account say I still have 99mb left and it won’t let me start a new plan until the data has run out or the month is up (over 3 weeks away). Tried customer service but adamant that there is a small amount of data there. 

So am stuck… wanted a new unlimited month plan but just can’t do it… very frustrating. Another provider rhyming with MiffMaff lets you add a new plan before the end. Three lets you add a ‘top up’ but can only get a 14 unlimited top up and not the month ‘plan’.

This is to fix bad hospital wifi for our son so a valid cause - maybe Three want to sponsor much better wifi for a certain large children’s hospital 🙂  (sorry I got sidetracked) 

Any help appreciated 

thanks 

Best solution
Best solution
rb
Regular

Spoken to Three again and confirmed no way to bring PAYG  plan to end early. Have gone down the add on route for now. 

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
rb
Regular

Now have managed (after a lot of disconnecting) to burn the remaining data - but discovered you can’t start a new monthly plan early… wants me to wait another 3.5 weeks!? I can only buy data add ons which are more expensive. Surely you should be able to renew a PAYG plan early. 

Best solution
rb
Regular

Spoken to Three again and confirmed no way to bring PAYG  plan to end early. Have gone down the add on route for now. 

TrojansGhost
Regular

I'm sorry to ask a question that is not relevant to your cause, but I have been having no luck trying to get PAYG sim for mifi as I want to get unlimited data. Three say this is only available on monthly contract, but it sounds like you have mifi PAYG. How did you get this as their website doesn't seem to have it. Apparently I need a data only sim.

Thanks, and sorry again for the hijack.

PowerOfCreatine
Regular

So I went in to the store and explained I’d tried getting sense out of the Indian but they had no idea what I was talking about. 

The store guy asked if I’d considered home broadband and unsaid the website told me it wasn’t available in my area. He rolled his eyes and said the website very often wrong about that sort of thing, he checked my postcode on the store computer which said yes, 5G BB was indeed available where I lived. He signed me up for a 2 year contract with the first 3 months free then £20 a month. 

The MiFi is going straight back on Tuesday. Good on the guy in store but how the hell Three can survive as a company with call centre like that and an inefficient website is beyond me.