Logging in just got better. Find out how.
Good news – you can now use your My3 login details for Three Community.
The first time you use them, you can link your current Community username. Or you can create a new one.
Not used My3 before? You can register before you access Three Community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G reception on Three 5G hub/router 112 373

Lekner
Fledgling

I have 5G reception on my iPhone and iPad but not on the 5G hub only 4G ???

• 5G
5 REPLIES 5
SarahC
Employee
Employee

Hello @Lekner 😊 Welcome to the community!

Oh, this is unusual for a hub if you are getting 5G on both your iPhone and iPad. Can I ask where your hub is currently sitting within your home? The placement of your broadband hub can make a massive difference to your connection!

We would advise checking out the following page and making any changes suggested to your hubs permanent home to see if this makes an improvement on the signal:  Where should I place my hub | Three Broadband

Let us know how you get on 🤗

dksglen
Active

Hi everyone. 
I see this posted a lot about the 4G/ 5G routers. I have the 4g ZTE branded one, and I collect a much stronger signal at the opposite end of my living room, probably 20ft from the window. The decrease in signal is quite noticeable on my window. 
Moving the router up as high as possible works best for me. Maybe to do with the nearest mast position? I don’t know, but away from the window works much better in this flat? 

Lekner
Fledgling

I had a discussion with support today and they suggested it could maintenance of the masts in my area. Because it's frequency difference in receiving the the 5G signal for mobiles and 5G hubs it can be the explanation. We will see when the work is done on the masts. The information on Three network information doesn't explain this to you which is very bad. They should explain it can affect your 5G hubs even if it don't affect your iPads, iPhones or whatever.

sc1999
Local celebrity

@Lekner wrote:

I had a discussion with support today and they suggested it could maintenance of the masts in my area. Because it's frequency difference in receiving the the 5G signal for mobiles and 5G hubs it can be the explanation. We will see when the work is done on the masts. The information on Three network information doesn't explain this to you which is very bad. They should explain it can affect your 5G hubs even if it don't affect your iPads, iPhones or whatever.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Best of luck. The service checker has been showing work on my mast for 7 to weeks, it never changes. I wonder if they are building a new mast or if there is a glitch in the service checker.