Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding on NR5103EV2

plank
Regular

Having issues with getting port forwarding to work on the 5G NR5103EV2 Hub. I am using Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi connected to the hub using a ethernet cable. I am trying to forward on port 8123 to the Pi for external access.

• Port forwarding has been configured for 8123 to IP of the Pi
  • I have tried with the firewall off and also with a protocol and access control configured
  • Doesn't matter what I try the port always times out or is listed as closed using various open port checkers
  • I have tried with both the IP address and the domain name using duckdns
  • I have confirmed the APN is 3internet
  • Home Assistant can be accessed using the local IP and port 8123

What have I missed?

Best solution
Best solution
andyvee
Active

Have you got IPv6 enabled on the WAN of the NR5103? If you have you likely have 192.168.1.2 as your IPv4 WAN IP address.

Try changing the APN to 3internet IPv4 only. Then you should get a public IPv4 address on the WAN interface again.

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Best solution
andyvee
Active

Have you got IPv6 enabled on the WAN of the NR5103? If you have you likely have 192.168.1.2 as your IPv4 WAN IP address.

Try changing the APN to 3internet IPv4 only. Then you should get a public IPv4 address on the WAN interface again.

plank
Regular

This was it! As soon as I turned off IPv6 the public IP changed and it started working. Thank you!

Threlly
Involved

You're probably wasting your time TBH. Three are deep filtering traffic inside their routing tables.
I've had a long standing issue with Plex and after a great deal of packet inspection (and comparison to other networks) it turns out to be Three.
If they don't like your traffic, they limit it or just plain block it.
You have no redress and no power to complain, you just get lost in the useless customer system.
I'm jumping ship asap.

plank
Regular

I am not impressed with Three, the speeds are varying drastically. One minute I am getting 300 and the next 20! I only need it for a few months and the no contract options are limited are extremely limited. I will have to make do for now.