cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 2 and slow speeds

Ste6661983
Regular

I'm on day 2 of my 5g home broadband, sometimes I get speeds of up to 100mbps and sometimes it's as slow at 1mbps. As my speed is supposed to be 150mbps you would expect it to be at least 70mbps, anything less is unacceptable but 1mbps is just taking the ****. I'm going to give it 2 weeks and if nothing improves I'm cancelling my contract as it will be withing the 30 trial period, before I'm stuck with it for 2 years. 

Best solution
Best solution
MZone
Superstar

No idea sorry but good luck. 

View solution in conversation

8 REPLIES 8
MZone
Superstar

Put your postcode in the Network Status Checker to see if there is any issues affecting your area. You can also call 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 again to discuss your issue with tech support.

Ste6661983
Regular

No network problems in my area. There is no reason why it should be this slow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I’m not taking the p.ss when I say to call tech support on 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 again. 

Ste6661983
Regular

Can't call 333 as I'm not on 3 for my mobile phone, just home broadband. I have spoke to them on live chat and it's just the same thing, try turning it off and on again, take the sim in and out. It's made no difference. I'm going to cancel tomorrow and return the hub as I'm well within my first 30 days.

MZone
Superstar

Call 03333381003 from any phone and press the option to go through to technical support. 

Ste6661983
Regular

Thanks. Do you know if the tech support is in the UK or is it a call centre in India? The Lady I was speaking to on live chat left me a voicemail. I haven't got the best hearing and I could hardly  understand what she was saying with her accent so if I'm not speaking to someone in the UK I won't be able understand them. 

Best solution
MZone
Superstar

No idea sorry but good luck. 

Spud
Involved

You can put the Three SIM in a phone and call broadband support free on 500. I've done this.

Do not use the Three SIM for chargeable calls or SMS as that will get added to your next bill at PAYG rates - 35p/min & 15p SMS.