cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule a reboot & firmware update

Chris_Morrow33
Fledgling

Hi.  My Internet speeds are slow unless I reboot my router.  I have the NR5013E one.  Is there any way I can schedule a reboot to be done at 3am everyday to keep my speeds nice and quick?  I cannot find it in the settings.  The router is on firmware V1.00(ACBJ.0)b15.  Is this the latest, as I have had the router for over a year without an update?  Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Spud
Involved

I have the same router and firmware. Touch wood, I don't have any speed degradation. Why not just turn it off at night and save a bit of power? Or use a timer plug.

A couple of other suggestions

You could look at the bands you are connected to. 5G-NSA uses 4G "B" bands and 5G "N" bands. Your connection might show something like B3,B1,N78,N78. If your connection shows B20, try manual band locking and tick B1, B3 and N78.

You could also connect to  IPv4 only. I set this in both the "broadband" and "cellular APN" sections.

Steve-b
Regular

A simple answer is to fit a cheap plug-in timeswitch, set to cut power to the device at 3am and switch it back on a few minutes later. One of these would do:-

https://www.toolstation.com/axiom-24-hour-compact-mechanical-timer-13a/p65719

doc1964
Active

Hi there. I don't have the same router, I have the ZTE MC801A and within the settings for it there is an option to set a scheduled reboot. Not sure if option available on your router but could be worth checking. 

Other response here states an electronic timer could be used, that is worth considering but remember that you cannot use a WiFi enabled plug in timer as it would be unable to turn back on once it has been used to switch off the router as it needs the WiFi signal from the router (now turned off) to get it to switch back on. Good luck.

Chris_Morrow33
Fledgling

Thanks for the responses. A plug-in timer looks like the way forward, but it would have been nice to have had the feature built-in like the ZTE.

Saftek
Fledgling

Ssh in to the router and run this

zycli sch_reboot setp 12 30 0

Auto reboot at 1230 every Sunday

0 Sunday

1Monday 

Etc

I haven't figured out how to do a daily reboot yet