cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal keeps switching to 4G LTE

bennetts101
Fledgling

I have a new NR5103EV2 5G home broadband hub and the signal keeps switching between NR5G-NSA and LTE, this is accompanied by the light on the device changing from blue to green. The signal strength is reported as excellent (-78), the device is on the windowsill and my house is approximately 100m from the mast. During my first week with this new broadband service, I also on one occasion completely lost my internet connection which was fixed by rebooting the hub. Is anyone else having issues like this, are there any settings I should change on the hub or does this sound like I have faulty hub? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Spud
Involved

My v1 does this when there is no traffic. I noticed it happening when I bought a pedestal stand to get the router in the optimum position. Moving the router about I was getting no blue 5G when I should be seeing three of four blue bars. I then realised I had no devices connected. As soon as I powered on a tablet the 5G came on.

I assume it is a power-saving feature that kicks in when there has been no Internet traffic for a while.