cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Speed drops after certain time and old router sent

Nxt
Fledgling

Got a brand new ZTE MC801A from three yesterday Every 12hrs approx. The speed drops from 800Mbps to 50Mbps, sounds like itโ€™s dropping to 4g, the only way to get the faster speeds is to reboot the router.

Also, why was I sent the ZTE MC801A and not the 

Zyxel NR5103E?

6 REPLIES 6
Jax
Active

Same thing with me when I joined 3 last week. The other issue with these older Hubs is that they are incompatible with the app which features only the NR5103E. I suppose they have a load of old stock to get rid of, but it's a p1ss-take for sure. They need to take note of the excellent service provided by their colleagues at Smarty. I seem to have got mine working better now by suspending it in a string bag at a height of appx 6ft and right up against a window, although I'm still undecided about whether to keep it. Hope your works out OK in the end.

Nxt
Fledgling

Thanks, I set mine to 5G only and it seems to be ok now, the speed hasnโ€™t dropped all day. 

Still pissed about the old version but at least it works ok

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Nxt We're not currently selling or upgrading to the Zyxel router, while we work to perfect it's performance with our network. 

Our MC801A is still a great product though - I'm glad you were able to adjust the settings and that your speeds are staying steady.

@Jax You should be able to use the ZTELink app to manage the MC801A router settings. Let us know if you have any issues with that, or with your connection. We'll do all we can to help.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

p1d9m73
Active

@Nxt I've been with three 5g home broadband for months now with no issues but last week or so I've been getting same issue,  speed dropping from 800-900 down to 90, rebooting only way to solve it. Full signal strength and says its connected to 5g. Was just wondering how did you set it to 5g only? I have the zte mc801a too

p1d9m73
Active

I've managed to work out how to select 5g nsa but it's dropping back to 90 within minutes. If I select 5g sa I can't get any service. Think I'll keep It on auto because that seems to last the longest๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

p1d9m73
Active

Any one had any luck with this? Speed has started dropping again with in an hour of rebooting router, that's only way to get it back to full speed๐Ÿค”