cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terms & Conditions

mosala
Fledgling

I am thinking of getter Home Broadband 4G Hub, but the Terms read, "If I cancel within 30 days I have to pay for the date used during that time, plus pro-rata of the monthly charge." The latter I am fine with, but am concerned that I could run up a big bill in a few weeks, listening to Spotify/Youtube etc.  I phoned customer service, who said, no I won't be charged for the data used! Contradiction there?!

Has anyone had to return their Hub because it was not suitable and found they had run up a huge bill?

4 REPLIES 4
Paddiewack
Superstar

I have Three broadband and I’ve literally just checked with the Ts and Cs and it says that you WILL be charged “pro rata” for airtime if you return it within your cooling off period. It really means after that time you’d be tied for the duration of your contract and would have to pay a cancellation charge if you decided to leave;whereas that charge doesn’t apply within your trial period.I can recommend the broadband service as it works for me,but my advice to you would be to throughly research the coverage at the address you intend to use it. But you’ve probably already thought of that.

I wish you luck.

mosala
Fledgling

Hi Paddiewack, Thanks for your reply.  I copied the following, Page 6 of the PDF:

"Important Things to Note for customers when using our 30-days
returns policy for Home Broadband or Business Broadband

• You’re allowed to do what is reasonable and turn on and use your Device to inspect it
and to make sure you’ve received what you thought you were buying and that it
works as expected, but if there’s any damage, or it’s used beyond what’s reasonable,
we have the right to charge you for any loss in value to the goods as a result of your
use or damage.
• You’ll also be charged a proportionate amount for any services received up to the
date you cancel (e.g. a pro-rata amount of your monthly charge)) and for any data
you use."

It's the data bit I am not happy with. That could be quite a bill for severals week's use.  This bothers me, especially if the device is not suitable for me.  I really need it in writing from Three that I won't be at risk of a large bill as assurred by the customer service man.•

-

"

Paddiewack
Superstar

I think you’d know (I certainly did) within a day or so if it’s right for you. In that time be reasonably sparing with your data use. I think Three would say that you’ve got it in writing via the Ts and Cs !

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mosala,

Just to clarify, I'm assuming we're talking about a plan with an Unlimited UK Data allowance? You'd only be able to incur additional data charges in the highly unlikely event that you'd been using roaming networks abroad. I'm assuming we've got that in the terms to cover that fringe case. You shouldn't have anything on the bill other than the pro-rata. Depending on when you return, you may have to pay the 1st bill in full then get a refund based on the pro-rata.

Hope this helps reassure you,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.