cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three 5G Broadband with Eero mesh network

AdEero2345G
Fledgling

Hi, I purchased the 5G Broadband with Three a few months ago, I was dubious it would be a good solution however I was very surprised to find the 5G network in my area is brilliant and I went from 30MB To an average of 500MB. I gave it a few months and now I want to extend it out to my network system. 

I plugged my Eero main router into the 5G router and from the Eero app ran a speed test, I'm getting 750+ which looks great, upload speeds 100+ too. however, as soon as I run a speed test on any device connected via wifi to the eero network I'm getting much lower speeds (like 50-60). and from the same range i try connecting to the 5G router and I get good speeds of 500 again so I'm wondering is there a particular set up I need to run in order for Eero and Three router to get along correctly? 

The Eero hubs are not more than 10-12 meters away from each other and I believe they are optimally spaced. 

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AdEero2345G,

That does seem like a considerable drop in speed. You might be seeing slower speeds like this if devices are connecting via 2.4GHz rather than 5GHz Wi-Fi?

Are you running the ZTE in a bridge or IP passthrough mode, or did you just plug the Eero router in and keep everything on the default settings?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.