cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s better cpe pro 2 or Zygel

Dazzar
Established

I have a cpe pro 2 and the NRE 103 one , which e would people say is the better one 

Best solution
Best solution
Dazzar
Established

I tried all the channel changes to force it to N78 but it would just not work , I can only get 4plus, what made me laugh is the so called help desk stated that my sim was not registered so I could not get internet and when I asked well how comes I was on 5g with my owned router he could not answer and cut the phone off

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
pdm
Regular

Do you mean the Zytel NR5103 perchance? It's a newer 4 X 4 MIMO router that has band selection. I have the older Huawei CPE Pro 2 which is 2 x 2 MIMO and doesn't. I need to use HuaCtrl app to select bands on the Huawei. So presumably the Zytel is better? You have both, what do you think??

Dazzar
Established

I have both but I cannot seem to get 5g on the Zytel but can on the pro 2

crypt0ninja
Established

If that's the situation then its possible your NR5103E is faulty.

I had one that could not connect to 5G even though 5G was working fine on other devices in the same location.

Replacement NR5103E connects to 5G just fine.

Worth trying to lock to specific band combinations via the router admin portal to see if 5G will kick in but by the sounds of what you said I think your unit is possibly one of the faulty ones.

Best solution
Dazzar
Established

I tried all the channel changes to force it to N78 but it would just not work , I can only get 4plus, what made me laugh is the so called help desk stated that my sim was not registered so I could not get internet and when I asked well how comes I was on 5g with my owned router he could not answer and cut the phone off

crypt0ninja
Established

Oh god 🤣