cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G / 5G Three Home Signal ?

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Hi,

Three previously offered a 3G  ‘Three Home Signal’ which worked well. 

with 3G shutting down. Is there a 4G (LTE) / 5G upgrade to replace the 3G ‘ Home Signal ‘ ? 
 ( ps/ I am aware of Wi-Fi calling but this requires Wi-Fi connection where as the ‘ home signal ‘ is complexly separate. )

thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Clever-Trevor,

I'm not aware of any plans to replace Home Signal, but I've passed your feedback on. 

With the 3G shutdown we're setting up and upgrading thousands of masts to ensure there's no overall loss of coverage, plus our 4/5G signals actually provide better indoor coverage than the older 3G service. We expect this will tackle many situations where customers have poor indoor coverage at the moment.

On the last point, although Home Signal doesn't technically require WiFi as you've mentioned, it does still need a wired ethernet connection to an active home broadband router in order to connect. So generally, this can only be used where WiFi is available anyway, and will only work in that one location where the Home Signal is installed.

WiFi calling on the other hand, just needs to be switched on in your phone's settings, and then will work anywhere that you're in range of a WiFi network. So we'd definitely consider that to be the better alternative.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.