cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls on Apple Watch Worth It?

Chriscambell
Regular

Hi there, I’m a longtime iPhone user and I’m looking at getting an Apple Watch as well. I’m trying to decide between the non cellular version or the cellular version. Is the ability to make/take calls on the Apple Watch without your phone worth it in your opinion?

4 REPLIES 4
Smanf
Active

I have an Apple Watch and love it 😍 However, I have a non-cellular version as my contract doesn't support cellular. My sister has a cellular version so we talked about this issue quite recently. I don't feel I need a cellular Apple Watch as it's very rare I would be anywhere without being near my iPhone, so I don't think it's worth it personally. My sister said she uses it occasionally without being in range of her phone but for the same reason as me, she's rarely away from her phone so doesn't consider it a big plus.

clairewootton30
Fledgling

I’ve got a old series Apple Watch and I love making calls and receiving them especially if u leave ur iPhone in a bag .it’s quicker to use the Apple Watch .I’m hoping to buy a newer Apple Watch soon .

bethkate2207
Fledgling

As the others have said above, I’m rarely without my phone so don’t often need to answer calls on my Apple Watch. However I’ve found if I’m doing some tidying around the house or driving without my phone being connected to the car it’s easier to just answer to call on the watch.

I would say it’s a good feature but wasn’t a selling point for me!

Immy5526
Active

Not a passive fan of apple. I just prefer android. I do have an I pad which I solely use for procreate