cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send pictures in Messages app on iOS

adriendut
Fledgling

Hi folks, I have an iPhone (12 Pro) running on the latest iOS version. Everytime I try to send a picture in the Messages app, I get an error message ("Not delivered", showing up in red). I have activated "MMS Messaging" in my settings and cannot figure out what's the issue...

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @adriendut,

Is it possible you have a spend limit preventing this? MMS messages aren't usually included on plans, so if you're not sending to another iPhone user, and have blocked extra charges then this could explain it.

MMS settings should be picked up by default on your SIM, but you can also try resetting your network settings.

Have you been able to send MMS in the past using the same iPhone on Three?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

adriendut
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB, I have the unlimited plan. I assume it includes MMS, is it not? If not, can we buy a few?

I have resetted the network settings, no progress. I could send MMS with this iPhone when I was with Vodafone.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @adriendut,

We have plans with unlimited data, UK call minutes, and texts, but we don't have any plans or add ons for MMS. Assuming you're on a a Three Your Way plan, and have joined us on Pay Monthly since January it's 65p per MMS.

If you'd like to check our rates for different types of usage, and what add ons we have, here's a link to our Price Guides. MMS hasn't been too popular in recent years, but if you've unlimited data there's a number of messaging apps that allow you to send your images using your mobile data instead.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.