cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and voice Sim for Samsung Android tablet

karen8
Fledgling

My husband has a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra with a sim only plan from Plusnet - which uses the EE network
Plusnet mobile is closing, so he has to find an alternative

He has been told by Three, on more than one occasion, that he can only have a data only Sim for the tablet
- and that he would need a separate Sim for a phone

However, yesterday we put my Three Sim in the Samsung Galaxy tablet and were able to:
1) make a phone call
2) access the internet over the 5g service

So it seems that a Three sim will provide all the services that other sims provide, and that there is no restriction

We're looking for advice / help / experiences related to this
For example, if he signs up for a Three sim, will he find either the phone service or data service stops working after a while

Thanks for reading and any suggestions or advice gratefully received

Best solution
Best solution
karen8
Fledgling

@JonathanB 

Thanks for your reply  - that is great news and exactly what we wanted to hear

Just can't find the 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION' button

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
Geluk
Key player

I had a 3 SIM in my mobile router for 2 years and works OK 🙂

Still with them for my 2 phones, and use id Mobile sim on my router, as they offer better £.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @karen8,

Sorry for any misunderstanding there. When we supply a tablet we do so with a data only plan, however most Android tablets do have the same functionality as an Android phone. I think our reps may be confusing the plans we supply with tablets, rather than the actual capabilities of the device you mentioned.

If you already have the tablet I don't see any issues with popping a Three phone SIM only in there, as long as the tablet isn't network locked to another provider.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Best solution
karen8
Fledgling

@JonathanB 

Thanks for your reply  - that is great news and exactly what we wanted to hear

Just can't find the 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION' button