cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy watch 6 pairing problems with pairing plan

Sam17
Fledgling

Hi Im using android phone and i bought new galaxy watch 6 classic 4g version but when I'm trying to pair data plan its showing me 3 doesn't provide data plan for your watch and error code -1 if anyone knows about it how to use galaxy watch please help?

I do not have an add-on for this in my account I have spoken to several people at three today and have been round in circles no one seems too know. I asked to add the add on for smaller watch been told because I don't have a Samsung you can't do this. Can someone help please 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Phil8969
Fledgling

Save yourself a lot of time wasting and disappointment and just give up now, you won’t get this resolved.

having finally come to that conclusion I made some enquiries about moving my number, the person on the end of chat said, oh there’s no problem just take out a new sim contract with 120gb data per month and device sharing will be on it. It was laughable, no idea of the problem, just wanted to sell a new contract.

the long and short of it all is that if you don’t see the option in the wearable app (in data plans) then 3 don’t know what to do. Give up. Go elsewhere.

Jay1
Fledgling

My other reply didn't fully come through.. Hopefully this'll help as I've finally got remote access to my watch through my phone, a bonus to this way is you'll have a separate line on the watch if you need to use it if the phone goes dead....

I've finally found a solution and it may help people on Android systems... I can't delete or edit my previous posts but it gives a snapshot of the hurdles I've had to jump with trying to pair my smart watch.. I've tried about 4/5 times with the Galaxy wear app and it was continuously throwing different error codes, no one knew what was going on and in the end I was referred to the Ombudsman.. I really like Three as I've never had a problem with signal so I tried a different route to link my Main number with my smart watch when I leave my phone at home, it's the 4g version.. 

I gave up trying to pair my watch through the Wearable app and just decided to get another contract with Three which was the 4gb for £7 a month for 24mths, exactly the same price as a rolling one month contract for watch pairing...

As it's hard to order an esim you have to request a physical SIM which they send out in 24hrs.. I did this through Live chat and after about 10 minutes had the SIM coming in the post, the advisor said it would be easy to convert to esim once registered on the network..

The next day the SIM arrives and I activate it in a device and then went to the Three app to replace SIM.. The drop down option allows you to request an Esim!! Within 10 minutes the physical SIM is cancelled and a Esim is issued.. 

I waited for about an hour as I thought I'd get an email, instead I went to the Three app and went to 'activate SIM' and there it was, a fully detailed list with QR code and an activation code if the QR code doesn't work.. I went to the Wear app and had to go into debug mode to get the option to scan a QR code or enter an activation code... 

To enter debug mode you have to enter the Wear app, click on the 3 lines at the top left corner and then press the settings option, looks like a small gear.. Once pressed click on 'about Galaxy wearable' which will take you to another screen which displays the version of the app you're using, click on 'Galaxy Wearable' 6 times quickly and it'll take you to the debug menu... Click on 'test Esim feature' and then click on 'QR Testmode' which will allow the QR code scanning etc...

Now go back to Wearable app for your watch on your phone and click on 'Mobile plans'.. You'll see the option to add QR code, you need to scan the QR code Three sent and Ai did this and it didn't work it said the QR code had already been used.. Thankfully it did say on the Three app if it doesn't scan enter the activation code which Three sent which I did and it finally set up my watch with data...

Now the watch works on 4g away from the phone and will forward everything from my phone to my watch as they're both on the same Google and Samsung account... Fingers crossed as when I turn off Bluetooth and WiFi on the watch off it connects to 4g and on the watch it tells me it has remote connection so theoretically it should work and you've always got the call forwarding you could aet up to the watch number... 

I nearly forgot and this is really important, once the QR code scans or the code is entered, by the way I had to send the QR code to the watch via Bluetooth first so I could scan the QR code with my phone, did it through manage content in the Wear app... anyway, once it's activated the watch through the wear app you have to go into the watch settings and go into connections,  click 'mobile networks' and go down to 'mobile plans' click on that and you'll see the option to turn on the Three esim... A few seconds later it'll connect to the 3 network..

This solution works well for me but I've just got to fine tune the settings, all your main accounts will notify you on your watch.. Hopefully it works just as well as the watch pairing service because it seems there are a few gremlins in the system.. 

I hope this helps a few anyway

rahimh
Fledgling

I have the same problem pairing my Galaxy Watch 7 to my three plans. when I click setup a mobile plan, it responds "3 doesn't offer any mobile plans for watches".

I called and talked to three a few times but they couldn't help me. Can you please help me solve it? thank you