cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 0.01mbps download speed on Xbox 360

Koen1931
Fledgling

Hi all.

I am having an issue with my Xbox 360 console only receiving a 0.01mbps download speed from my 5G hub. I have done speed tests and receive upwards of 150mbps on all the other devices in my home.

The reason I am posting on here and not on the console manufacturer's forum is because I am hoping the experts here at Three could advise me on any settings I possibly need to change on my router in order to gain better internet speeds on my console.

I have 5G home broadband with the ZTE MC801A 5G hub. I have tried enabling UPnP on my router with no positive outcome.

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Koen1931. I feel your pain, I had a similar issue not too long ago. 

I got some Wifi signal boosters which helped a wee bit but to be honest it was changing to a wired connection that improved it for me. might be worth trying if you have the Xbox close enough. 

Hope you get it all sorted 👍

Koen1931
Fledgling

Hi. Thanks for your response. I have my 360 wired directly to the router. The more confusing thing for me is the fact that it gives me between 8 - 10Mbps on the upload speed then spits out 0.01Mbps on download. There must be something in my router settings causing this.

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey, no worries. That's an odd one. I'm really not sure what might cause that to be honest if you're wired especially. Could you maybe reset the network settings on Xbox and try to start from scratch? it's a pain but might help. cheers

Koen1931
Fledgling

Hi. I took out the hard drive then pressed the button combo on the about console page to completely reset the console to factory settings. I don't understand why it's doing this. I tried a different 360 I have and the same thing happened. Every single other device in my flat gets upwards of 150mbps even at the slowest time of the day. My PS5 and Wii both work perfectly online since I moved from another provider.

Thanks

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey, defo a weird one. Might be worth chatting to the MBB tech team? they can go through some troubleshooting with you in real-time. might be a setting somewhere that's causing the problem. Hope you get it sorted 🙂

Koen1931
Fledgling

MBB tech team? What's that?

Thanks 

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Sorry, a force of habit. The Mobile Broadband Tech team.

Mobile Broadband - Support - Three

Their contact info it on this page. 🙂

hhlondon97
Active
Koen1931
Fledgling

It kind of answers my question, but in a disappointing way. I did research on other forums recently and determined that most modern routers just throttle the speed because the WiFi hardware in 7th gen consoles is so old. I have the same issue on my PS3 as well, but instead of getting 0.01mbps, it's more generous and gives me 10mbps. Guess I'll have to buy an old router from around 2010 and mesh it with my current router via ethernet. It's the only idea I can come up with at this point