cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought iPhone 14 Pro and have SIM card query

Cath
Fledgling

I am visiting the USA and traded my iPhone in for a 14 Pro at a local Apple Store.   I usually get them just to change the SIM card over.  As experts will know, the 14 Pro has an e sim.  News to me but the Apple helper said your carrier will need the IMEI and some other info and then you’ll be all set.  The chat people say that they do not have e sims so I can’t change my current Sim.  The website shows 14 Pro contracts and a business e sim for a 14 Pro.  Since the new phone isn’t connected to my number I’m also having trouble passing security.  Im getting iMessages, WhatsApp’s and emails okay but they say they can only send a verification code by text to my non operational number.  I have tried using my town of birth, favourite name and password but they say none of that matches their records.  Im in the US visiting family for 3 more weeks and a bit desperate with no partly functioning phone.  Thanks so much for reading this sorry tale.  Anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Rising star

eSIM is currently only available by taking out a Three Your Way plan. Existing customers will have the opportunity to get an eSIM when they roll this out across other plans, later this year.

Cath
Fledgling

Thanks for that info. I have no idea what that plan is but will look it up.